Many parents that do the school run in the morning often say that it is one of the most stressful times of the day. If your one of those parents then there are some useful things that you could start doing to help your school run easier.
The main trick to a less stressful morning is the to prepare the night before. Some of the things you may want to do…
- Make Lunches – For all those that have packed lunches, make them the night before and keep them in the fridge.
- Uniform – Lay out the Uniform including socks and underwear to avoid searching in the morning.
- Bags – Make sure that all the bags are packed with all that your child will need for the following day, for example one of my sons is in preschool so needs a spare change of clothes in his bag incase he has any accidents.
- Forms – Make sure that any forms or paper work that needs signing is signed and placed in there bags as well.
- Seasonal Clothes – Get in the habit of keeping seasonal clothes all together with shoes and coats and make sure that nothing is missing.
- Breakfast – Breakfast is classed by many as the most important meal of the day, yet many still skip breakfast. Make preparations for breakfast the night before.
You may also find it less stressful by not taking the car, and instead walking or if you live too far from school try taking the kids on bikes or scooters. Many schools now have a place that you can keep the bikes during the day. Just make sure that you use all necessary safety gear like helmets and you may want to consider locks for the bikes.